Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We've got CARPET

Well the moment I've been waiting for is finally here - the carpet has arrived! I love it! It looks great and is super soft to boot. After the installer guy left, I was literally just sitting/laying down there on the new carpet, working on my laptop. Remember what the rooms looked like when we moved in? Here's a refresher.

Family room before:

Family room during:

Family room after:

Bedroom before (unfortunately I only have the realtor's pic):

Bedroom during:

Bedroom after:

BAM!! I just love love love the transformation. Thanks so much dad for all your help on this. Seriously.

Gizmo had to check out the new carpet too...

He literally walked all around the perimeter of rooms with very careful placement of each paw, like he was walking across gravel or something sharp.





I think he'll like it after he gets used to it. I on the other hand, am enjoying it quite a lot already. We moved the computer desks down there already (which means that my dining room can now really function as a dining room - score!!). 

I'll leave you with one more before and after comparison.

Before (realtor's shot):

After:

Not bad, huh? Now for some furniture.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you kept the awesome light up Budweiser sign from the before bedroom picture - it would totally match the color scheme in your family room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you are right, that would have matched the family room colors. Unfortunately, the previous owners took that with them. They did however, leave the light fixture on the left side of the bedroom before pic (the white one with the two bulbs) as well as the white lace curtains. Those didn't stay up for long. :)

    ReplyDelete