Friday, January 21, 2011

Gotta love a winter clearance!

I've just got to share my recent steals with you - FYI, if you are in the market for any Christmas decorations, now is the time to buy! XMas stuff at Pier 1 is 90% off right now!!!

For under $15, I got the following (okay, I agree it doesn't look that impressive all spread out on the table, but it sure felt that way when everything was bulging out of shopping bags):


My favorite by far is the tree on the left. It has a metal structure and is filled with pine cones, green moss, and twigs. I found it at Pier 1 and since it was 90% off the normal $40 price, I got it for $4. LOVE it!! Is it Christmas yet? So sad to pack it away  :(


I also stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond, where they have a pretty good clearance section as well. One of the first things I saw when I walked in was the clearance blinds. Since I am crazy, I keep a list of all our window sizes on a notepad in my purse (just in case, you know...). Anyway, they turned out to be the right sizes, and are very pretty (wood/bamboo natural colors, which is exactly what I have been envisioning). I ended up getting 6 natural woven blinds for under $60. (At the regular price, they would have set me back $320). WOW!

 
We're planning to use 3 in the master bedroom and the remaining 3 for the windows in the other two main floor bedrooms. Can't wait to tear down those vertical blinds. I'll definitely post details and before and after pics when we tackle that project.

Speaking of projects, Eric has mandated that we finish some project before buying more materials for new projects. Oops, just added another project. I guess it is time to get busy!

1 comment:

  1. sweet deals. who said you have to put the christmas tree away. what's festive in December is festive in March. . .

    ReplyDelete