Friday, October 29, 2010

Basement Demolition

Eric and I have been working on our basement demo for the past week or so (or rather we have been watching as my dad works on our basement).
There are three main rooms: the family room, the bedroom and the laundry room. Here is a photo of the family room before the demolition:

As you can see, this room featured a suspended ceiling, wood paneling, and a linoleum floor. The bedroom was very similar in appearance. Definitely not my style. Our plan was to totally gut both rooms (rip out the ceiling and paneling), install drywall everywhere and put in recessed lighting. Here my dad and I are beginning to rip down the ceiling and paneling!

The demo is nearing completion now, though our basement is now a complete mess. Tomorrow we are taking a load to the dump, so hopefully the basement will stop looking like this:

Oh, and did you notice that the door in the entryway is now totally gone? We decided to take out the doorway to make the room feel more open. Here they are next to one another so you can see better:
Still kind of hard to tell in the photo, but it really does feel a lot more open. I can't wait to start putting up the drywall so I can really see what it is going to look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment